|Job Title:||Accounting Clerk|
|Reports To:||Accounting Manager|
|FLSA Classification:||Hourly Non-Exempt|
The Accounting Clerk III will perform complex clerical, bookkeeping, and accounting assignments and prepare accounting statements and financial reports.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Performs a variety of general accounting support tasks in an accounting department
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Preparing check requests for all entities and distributing checks accordingly.
- Delivering/Picking up documents and checks as needed from Cantu Construction
- Making Deposits/Cashing Checks at the bank
- Verifying and Reviewing purchase orders
- Accounts receivable/payable support
- Assist accounting Manager with accounting duties
- Proper filing of all accounting records
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable). Enters data into a computer system using defined computer programs such as quickbooks and excel.
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports.
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Investigates questionable data.
- Thorough understanding of bookkeeping practices and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and accounting software
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance/Business Administration or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of previous work-related experience
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills
- QuickBooks and Bypass experience a plus
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. *