Reports To: Director of Finance
Job Schedule: Full-Time
FLSA Classification: Salary Exempt
The Accounting Manager will plan and direct the accounting activities of the department.
Manages the supervision of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Cash Room staff within the Accounting Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work. Appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with the Human Resources Department addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and Company policies and procedures.
- Supervises Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, cash room and other accounting functions and personnel.
- Organizes, plans, and reviews month and quarter-end financial closing in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, including reviewing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and financial statements.
- Ensures the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Prepares, performs and/or assists with event settlements.
- Prepares and performs bank reconciliations.
- Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Verifies and checks the accuracy of general ledger coding.
- Directs and participates in cost analyses and rate studies.
- Prepares and analyzes information for financial statements and reports.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Directs internal audits involving review of cash handling, administrative controls, and accounting.
- Manages own workflow, including proper delegation when appropriate to staff according to their experience and capabilities.
- Reviews and recommends accounting policies and processes.
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Provides financial analysis on special projects as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures.
- Exceptional organizational skills required. Must be able to oversee complex projects and schedules, maintain deadlines, work within budgets, with the ability to set priorities and manage several projects simultaneously required.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to synthesize and accurately present relevant information.
- Work independently to develop new special events from conceptualization to execution.
- Must have the ability to manage in a fast-paced, diverse environment with focus on Client and Guest Services, entrepreneurship and building & growing a strong business is essential.
- Ability to successfully manage a workload that balances long-range planning with the unanticipated daily demands required of the Accounting Department. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Handle conflicts make decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Maintain a professional, cooperative working relationship with City officials, clients, employees, promoters, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Must be well informed on the use of Microsoft Office and payroll software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of (5) years in public accounting or financial management preferably in event management, Entertainment or a Sports industry.
- Minimum of three (3) years in a supervisory role.
- Strong knowledge with financial indicators; uses financial analysis to evaluate and identify desired strategic directions; manages overall financial performance.
- Ability to manage employees, while multi-tasking large projects.
- Ability to be tactful, maintain confidentiality, and foster an ethical work environment; handles all situations with integrity; able to develop policy and guidelines; communicates and enforces organizational policies and procedures.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. *