Job Title: Account Receivable Clerk
Reports: Accounting Manager
Job Schedule: Full-Time
FLSA: Classification: Hourly Non- Exempt
Provides assistance in the finance department in various functions including processing accounts
receivable, cash management, bank reconciliations, general accounting and other functions related to closing an event.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Prepare monthly and miscellaneous invoices.
- Post incoming payments to the correct account.
- Monitors customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Investigate and resolve customer payment inquiries and payment applications.
- Cash receipts/prepare checks for deposit.
- Process credit and debit adjustments.
- Review and research credit balances on aging.
- Create and maintain collection forecast reports.
- Assist in Event Settlements as needed.
- Special projects and analysis as needed.
- Strong account reconciliation, analysis and research skills.
- Initiative in investigating transactions and understanding accounting processes.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Must be able to prioritize schedules, work independently and follow instructions.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Must have the ability to manage in a fast-paced, diverse environmental with focus on Client and Guest Services, entrepreneurship and building and growing a strong business is essential.
- Maintain a professional, cooperative working relationship with City officials, clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and other encountered in the course of employment.
- Professional presentations, appearance and work ethic.
- Requires ability to work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Business Administration or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of previous work-related experience.
- QuickBooks and Bypass experience is a plus.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. *