Job Title: AV Engineer
Department: Technical Services
Reports To: Director of Operations
Job Schedule: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Salary, Exempt
The Full-Time AV Engineer role will provide technical oversight for each in-house and broadcast production during game days for NBA G-League Basketball and USL Soccer games. Plus, indoor/outdoor concerts, truck/car shows, graduations, and community events in coordination with the Director of Operations.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Create staffs’ schedule and supervise the freelance control room.
- Oversee and ensure completion of internal work orders for the setup, tear down, operation, and maintenance of the Audio/Visual systems of the facility.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations and part-time AV Support Tech to prepare for upcoming events.
- Work with outside entities including but not limited to promoters, vendors, and business partners.
- Work with the venues marketing department to maintain and update any creative assets for all in-house LED video boards and IPTVs at both venues.
- Manage and operate Click Effects Prime software, but not limited to supporting both sports teams with creation of playlists, scripts, sponsorships, and any video content that is required to be displayed during game days.
- Maintain Panasonic LED center hung video boards, 360 ribbon boards and outdoor marquee.
- Coordinate facility connections and cross communications between home, visiting, and national broadcast trucks with NBA G-League, USL, and venue I/O systems.
- Create training modules and SOPs in these operations.
- Ensure maintenance records are retained for all audiovisual equipment.
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion to make and implement decisions after evaluating various courses of action.
- Proven ability to operate, and install all audio, lighting, video, and scoreboard presentation systems.
- Strong project management skills and ability to multitask.
- Strong presentation skills in addition to strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Experience with Daktronics Show Control, Daktronics All Sport 5000 Series Control, NewTek TriCaster TC1 , NewTek 3Play Replay System, Panasonic AK-HC3800GS cameras, Adobe Creative Cloud software, Yamaha TF1 Digital Mixer, Yamaha CL3 Digital Mixing Console, Exterity IPTV network, Wired and Wireless Clear Comm system
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education Bachelor’s degree required; preferred areas of study include sports communications, sports management, broadcast journalism, and/or production.
- At least 3 years of experience in audio visual productions including digital signage, video, lighting, sound, and electronic scoreboard operations at the college sports level or minor league market.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with no assistance.
- The person in this position needs to travel the exterior of the arena, the arena concourse, club, suite levels, catwalk, and ascend/descend stairs.
- It is imperative that you have the ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- This is a job that frequently operates outside of Bert Ogden Arena/H-E-B Park’s core working hours. It requires working events that are typically held at night.
- A successful candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding that many of the events take place between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m., and frequently include work on holidays and weekends.
- Regularly required to walk for an extensive period of time, sit for long hours; use hands to handle files, type and operate office machines; to talk and hear on the telephone.
NOTE: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.*