Department: Technical Services
Reports To: Director of Operations
Job Schedule: Part-time
FLSA Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
The AV Support Technician will be responsible for assisting with audio/video requirements and services for Bert Ogden Arena and H-E-B Park events. Position will have an understanding of analog and digital audio/video technology, and industry video standards.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Assist AV Engineer with pre production/edit facility needs, game day video production needs and overall operation of the video control room.
- Understanding of A/V routing and patching systems.
- Understanding HD/SD, digital/analog video standards, video conversion processes and audio mixing.
- Provide technical support and connectivity to broadcast trucks as needed.
- The applicant shall have the ability to solder and work with common hand tools used in the electronics industry.
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot in-house presentation & multimedia resources and equipment.
- Applicants shall have a basic understanding of PC/MAC platforms, video codecs and IPTV.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair Daktronics and Panasonic scoreboards, video matrix systems and software.
- Work with outside entities including but not limited to promoters, vendors and business partners.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to multitask while meeting all deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as providing team-leadership skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a live event situation under changing conditions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience working in similar capacity in a live sports and entertainment field, or venue preferred.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- The person in this position needs to travel the exterior of the arena, the arena concourse, club, suite levels, catwalk, and ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and some holidays as required
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.*