Department: Vipers Academy
Reports To: Director of Vipers Academy
Job Schedule: PRN – As Needed
FLSA Classification: Hourly Non-Exempt
Working with young athletes in a group-training setting while motivating each participant to improve their fitness and athleticism. Managing our ‘STX Performance’ youth program by creating training and nutrition plans for our participants, focusing on proper technique during their training sessions. Speaking to athletes and their parents to set health and fitness goals.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for other employees.
- Working with young athletes ages 7 to 19 to evaluate their current fitness condition and motivate them to improve their fitness and athleticism.
- Creating training and nutrition plans and monitoring our participant’s progress during our training program.
- Speaking to athletes and their parents to set health and fitness goals.
- Designing training programs in increase the athlete’s strength, speed, agility and vertical jump.
- Using knowledge of sports-related injuries to assist with the recovery of athlete injuries.
- Maintain records relating to athlete’s fitness condition, training and diet plans focusing on participant’s improved fitness and athleticism.
- Handling clerical tasks, such as maintaining training class attendance, inventory, assisting with program budget, or restocking supplies.
- Strong understanding of training techniques, improved posture, injury prevention and proper nutrition.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, attentive and motivating.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, decision making, and communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- Prior education and personal training experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in athletic training is preferred.
- Valid certification in athletic personal training.
- Must be able to carry/move/handle minimum of 50 pounds.
- Move in a fast-paced environment that may sometimes be loud.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.*