Reports To: President of Golden Grape Entertainment
Job Schedule: Full-Time
FLSA Classification: Salaried Exempt
Director of Corporate Sales is responsible for planning, coordinating and executing all sales activity for the venue. Accountable for generating new business revenue for the facility by general sales of season and founder seats, suite sales, event promotions, corporate sponsorship and signage sales.
- Directly supervises all Sales staff within the Sales Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Interviews, hires, and trains employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Establish and administer sales processes and programs to foster and promote venue patronage, usage and positive imaging for the Bert Ogden Arena and HEB Park
- Plan and implement of a comprehensive sales plan for the both venue as set forth in the annual business plan and constantly generating new sales prospects
- Generate new concepts and ideas to increase venues profitably
- Research, prospect and establish leads for corporate relationships followed by an introductory needs analysis/discovery meeting utilizing a consultative sales approach
- Sells available venue space for a variety of events, including conferences, trade and consumer shows, meetings, banquets, seminars, and social events, including receptions as needed
- Develop and execute comprehensive sales plans and programs, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue objectives of the venue
- Develops sales contracts and addendums and monitors compliance
- Aggressively seek new contacts and maintain working relationships with all civic and industry organizations, corporate promotional contacts, and event and booking representatives
- Represent Bert Ogden and HEB Park at various meetings, trade shows, conventions and marketplaces to promote the venue and our services
- Provides on-going support and service to new and existing clients
- Identifies and implements sales goals and objectives for the sales team
- Prepares statistics, reports and budget presentations for the executive team
- Oversees, trains and develops the Sales Team
- Ensures the Sales Department handles client & tenant relationships, addressing issues, and proactively resolving problems to provide a consistent guest experience
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required
- Must have the ability to manage in a fast-paced, diverse environment with focus on Client and Guest
- Services, entrepreneurship and building & growing a strong business is essential
- High aptitude for figures and advanced writing skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Maintain a professional, cooperative working relationship with City officials, clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment
- Work independently, exercising sound business judgment and initiative
- Maintain professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
- Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office including presentation and graphic software.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5-7 years proven sales experience required
- 3-5 years supervisory experience necessary
- Ability to manage a successful sales team
- Facility/industry experience preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to carry/move/handle 15 pounds.
- Move in a fast-paced environment that will occasionally be loud.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. *