Job Title: Director Of Finance
Reports To: President and CEO
Job Schedule: Full-Time
FLSA Classification: Salary Exempt
The Director of Finance will direct and oversee the financial activities of the organization and all affiliated entities, direct the preparation of current financial reports and summaries, and create forecasts predicting future growth.
- Oversees the Accounting department, budget preparation, and audit functions.
- Works with other department heads to monitor each department and make recommendations.
- Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and government agency reports.
- Compares sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
- Reviews the planning process and suggests improvements to current methods.
- Analyzes operations to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, or elimination.
- Works with the President and other executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process.
- Guarantee compliance with financial laws and guidelines.
- Studies long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in sales and market share.
- Identifies opportunities for expansion into new product areas.
- Oversees investment of funds and works with investment bankers to raise additional capital required for expansion.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in business administration, Accounting, or Finance required.
- Eight to Ten years of experience in financial management required.
- Certified public accountant designation (preferred)
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access various departments of a given location.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. *