The Event Services Coordinator provides professional client services support in planning, organizing and managing assigned events within the Bert Ogden Arena and H-E-B Park. Supervises the logistics of assigned event tasks from the initial event inquiry through the conclusion.
Directly supervises event leads, ushers and ticket takers. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with the Human Resources Department; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for all aspects of event planning, scheduling, budgeting and event implementation
- Produces events from concept to completion – involving strategy, management and oversight of all details for each event.
- Serve as primary contact for clients of assigned events – assisting in development and conceptualization of event needs.
- Assist in the logistical and on-site coordination of set-up, move-in/out, and supervision of events.
- Provide support and coordination for event operations in compliance with expectations of the event, clients, production, and executive management.
- Clearly communicates event project scope, schedules, deliverable dates, project status/action items and any other relevant information – both to the client as well as the internal team.
- Researches, reviews and recommends equipment, materials and supplies required in providing event services and planning.
- Provide clients with itemized cost estimates of venue related charges prior to their event and invoicing upon event conclusion.
- Coordinates outside service needs with food and beverage contractor, decorator and other vendors.
- Schedules contracted services and equipment to provide services not available in-house.
- Coordinates with marketing department all media entry into the building before, during or immediately following events.
- Meets with potential clients, advises them on the facility requirements, and negotiates sales of additional services.
- Complete post event evaluations defining any issues that arise, including incidents which may be in violation of policies or result in claims for damages and make recommendations of how to preclude their re-occurrence.
- Maintains the proper image and generates positive public relations with clients, patrons and staff by ensuring delivery of of the highest quality of service.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and scheduling event staff to ensure that company’s labor requirements and needs are fulfilled.
- Ensures event staff are properly trained in guest services, protective procedures, fire safety, and evacuation in conjunction with the Security department.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external policies and regulations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exceptional organizational skills required. Must be able to oversee complex projects and schedules, maintain deadlines, work within budgets, with the ability to set priorities and manage several projects simultaneously required.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to synthesize and accurately present relevant information.
- Must have the ability to manage in a fast-paced, diverse environment with focus on Client and Guest Services, entrepreneurship and building & growing a strong business is essential.
- Ability to successfully manage a workload that balances long-range planning with the unanticipated daily demands of Event Services required. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Handle conflicts make decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Maintain a professional, cooperative working relationship with City officials, clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Requires ability to work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
- Competent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office, spreadsheet programs, and with facility management and systems software required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Business, Sports or Hotel Management or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in Supervising and Managing events in a sports and entertainment venue in an operationally focused role.
- Demonstrate knowledge of principles and techniques of planning, implementing and supervising event staff.
- Possess knowledge of security and public safety issues related to a sports and entertainment venue.
- Experience in AutoCad is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk extensively, required to kneel, climb to high walkways or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. *