Department: Event Services
Job Schedule: Full-Time
FLSA Classification: Salary Exempt
The Event Services Manager plans, manages, and directs the day-to-day event coordination operations of the venues. Responsible for the planning and execution of the Golden Grape Entertainment events including games, concerts, and special events. Manages all activities and will support the logistical and functional needs of our internal departments, promoters, clients, and service providers. Exhibits a strong aptitude for project management, leadership, effective communication, and possesses a true passion for delivering unparalleled guest service. Ensuring we become and remain the industry standard for excellence and ensure all of our staff and exceptional experiences.
- Directly supervises the Event Services Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies and applicable laws.
- Appraise performance; reward; discipline employees in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Recruits, Interviews, hires, and trains entry-level staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflows of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Responsible for all aspects of event planning, scheduling, budgeting and event implementation
- Produces events from concept to completion – involving strategy, management and oversight of all details for each event.
- Clearly communicates event project scope, schedules, deliverable dates, project status/action items and any other relevant information – both to the client as well as the internal team.
- Researches, reviews and recommends equipment, materials and supplies required in providing
event services and planning.
- Oversees all spending to ensure fiscal responsibility; organize and reconcile project expenses in a timely fashion in accordance with company policies.
- Coordinates outside service needs with food and beverage contractor, decorator and other vendors.
- Meets with potential clients, advises them on the facility requirements, and negotiates sales of
- Manages client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, solicit and act on client feedback.
- Acts as a direct liaison to all event promoters and venue tenants in regard to show advancement, show production, facility usage, practice times and disseminates all show information to all venue departments.
- Represents the venue at tradeshows, community events, and industry meetings.
- Maintains the proper image and generates positive public relations with clients, patrons and staff.
- Prepares schedules and assigns events to the Event Coordinators.
- Develops policies and procedures for the Event Services Department and
monitors their compliance.
- Provides leadership to enhance staff development and promotes excellent guest service.
- In conjunction with Safety and Security Department ensures event staff, and other personnel are properly trained in guest services, protective procedures, fire safety and other emergency procedures.
- Exceptional organizational skills required. Must be able to oversee complex projects and schedules, maintain deadlines, work within budgets, with the ability to set priorities and manage several projects simultaneously required.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to synthesize and accurately present relevant information.
- Must have the ability to manage in a fast-paced, diverse environment with focus on Client and Guest Services, entrepreneurship and building & growing a strong business is essential.
- Ability to successfully manage a workload that balances long-range planning with the unanticipated daily demands of Event Services required.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Handle conflicts make decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Maintain a professional, cooperative working relationship with City officials, clients, employees,
exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Requires ability to work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
- Competent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office, spreadsheet programs, and with facility management and systems software required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Business, Sports or Hotel
- Management or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Supervising and Managing events in a sports and entertainment venue in an operationally focused role.
- Demonstrate knowledge of principles and techniques of planning, implementing and supervising event staff.
- Possess knowledge of security and public safety issues related to a sports and entertainment venue.
- Experience in AutoCad is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk extensively, required to kneel, climb to high walkways or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. *