Reports To: Housekeeping Supervisor
Job Schedule: PRN- As needed
FLSA Classification: Hourly Non-Exempt
The Housekeeping Porter will clean and maintain assigned areas of the property and grounds.
- Performs cleaning, housekeeping, and light maintenance tasks and services throughout assigned property.
- Trash pick up and empty trash containers.
- Performs light repairs and maintenance such as replacing light fixtures or unclogging pipes.
- Assists with the cleaning and sanitizing of shared facilities and common spaces.
- Washes windows.
- Vacuums and cleans floors, rugs, furniture, and drapes.
- Performs limited grounds maintenance such as mowing and trimming lawns and hedges and cleaning snow from sidewalks.
- Examines property for safety hazards, reports problems to Facilities Manager or other appropriate staff.
- Ensures heating and cooling systems are operational.
- Ensures that cleaning and maintenance supplies are stocked.
- Modifies scope of cleaning and maintenance based on specified needs of the particular property (apartments, parking facilities, etc.)
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Thorough understanding of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning and sanitizing solutions.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and operate tools or equipment used in routine maintenance.
- Ability to keep the property clean and orderly.
- Good interpersonal skills with polite and courteous demeanor toward staff, customers, clients, and visitors to the property.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prolonged periods standing.
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, climb, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- This position could be exposed to hazardous materials and various weather conditions.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. *