Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Department Head of Human Resources
Job Schedule: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Salary Exempt
The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- May oversee the scheduling, assignments, and daily workflow of subordinate staff in the department.
- May assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Works with the Human Resources Manager and Management Teams on the planning, coordination and implementation of HR projects and initiatives.
- Works directly with Payroll and Benefits Administrator for each payroll and benefits enrollment cycle and acts as a backup for payroll and benefits-related tasks.
- Keeps accurate and detailed data systems, and responsible for building, running, and providing clean HR data reports for the company on a regular basis.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends for the Administration Department.
- Provide employee relations guidance to employees and management within scope of position; identify and actively respond with sensitivity to the needs of employees and business unit leaders.
- Deliver benefits information to employees based on the company handbook/policies and procedures; ensure fair, equitable and consistent application of all company policies and procedures.
- Support HR Recruiting team and hiring managers by interviewing, presenting offers, facilitating candidate logistics, scheduling onboarding, and administering the training/orientation process.
- Works with the HR team to build and implement human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information and recommending courses of action.
- Improves manager and employee performance and experience by identifying problems and evaluating potential solutions with HR Department Head
- Oversees and completes special projects to include meeting HR Department’s timelines, coordinating with appropriate parties. conducting research, developing, and organizing information, and fulfilling transactions.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Ensure all new hires are properly on-boarded with a focus on a ridiculously good new hire experience.
- Implements and conducts new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations management systems.
- Must be extremely organized and can establish and adhere to priorities
- Must be able to coach employee and management through complex, difficult employee concerns.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in human resources, Business Administration preferred or equivalent experience in related field may be substituted
- At least one year of human resource management experience is preferred.
- SHRM-CP a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Move in a fast-paced environment that will occasionally be loud.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. *