DEPARTMENT: Vipers Academy
REPORTS TO: Director of Jr. Vipers Academy
JOB SCHEDULE: PRN – As Needed
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Responsible for instructing participants during structured Academy group training classes. Create basketball training drills for participants of our youth program, instructing them and providing mentorship.
To be successful as a Basketball Trainer, you should have solid knowledge of basketball fundamentals and its rules, be able to develop basketball drills, have good communication & leadership skills and able to make decisions under pressure.
- This position will require supervisory responsibilities of youth group training classes.
- Understand the game of Basketball and its rules.
- Study the skills and abilities of the players to maximize performance.
- Develop training plans to optimize performance.
- Provide mentorship and teach participants the rules of the game.
- Teach basketball skills to athletes of all ages and skill level (5yrs-18yrs) in a group setting.
- Communicate to parents regarding athletes progress and goals.
- Previous Basketball experience.
- Must be in physical condition to teach and demonstrate drills to participants.
- Be able to motivate players.
- Good leadership skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Monitor performance and provide feedback to program participants for improving skills.
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including being mobile, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 25 pounds at a time
- Must be knowledgeable on the game of basketball
- High energy personality
- Works well with children (boys and girls) of all ages (5yrs-18yrs)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain progress and updates to athlete’s parent/guardian
- Experience playing organized basketball
- Detail-oriented, analytical, attentive and motivating.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, decision making, and communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience playing organized Basketball (High School, College or Professional) is required.
- Prior education and Basketball training experience is preferred.
- USA Basketball Licensed Coach Certification
- Must be able to carry/move/handle a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Move in a fast-paced environment that may sometimes be loud.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. *