Reports To: Operations Manager
Job Schedule: Part-time
FLSA Classification: Hourly, Non-exempt
The Operations Lead directs all aspects of the operations staff for events to include setting up and striking events.
- Directly supervises operations staff
- Supervises the setting and striking of all staging aspects, seating, chairs, tables, etc.
- Performs liaison duties between facility and production crews.
- Ensures all equipment is properly maintained and stored, and operational.
- Identifies maintenance requirements, adjustments/repairs, conducts inspections
- Enforces fire and safety codes, assists with inspections.
- Ensures that all event related contractual requirements are met per contract and event
- Serves a back-of-house management representative on specifically assigned shows and in the absence of the Manager or Director.
- Submits requests for purchase materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Operates forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts, cargo trucks, rental vehicles, and company
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- At least one-year experience as a stagehand in the special events field with experience setting up and tearing down concerts
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools is required with specific usage of concert related equipment
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors and be exposed to environmental conditions including extreme heat and cold, dust, dirt, extreme noise and potentially hazardous materials.
- Forklift and articulating boom lift experience
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of management, promoters, suppliers, guests and visitors
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to work a demanding schedule including nights, weekends, holidays, double shifts
- Working knowledge of the functions, operations, and equipment of a multi-purpose entertainment complex
- Working knowledge of and compliance with Federal and State OSHA regulations
- Working knowledge of safety practices, including first aid and all applicable safety standards for public facilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to lead and mentor a team
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Ability to comprehend and speak Spanish
- Full knowledge in one of the following areas: completion of accredited rigging school, apprenticeship in lighting, sound, video, carpentry, or set design
- Previous experience working in a similar setting
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and work outside in all weather conditions.
- Working environment is fast-paced, often loud.
- Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing and working on your feet.
- Must be able to carry/move/handle 25 pounds using proper lifting.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. *