Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports To: Director of Operations
Job Schedule: Full-Time
FLSA Classification: Salaried, Exempt
Under general supervision is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Arena and Stadium operations, including events. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for overseeing the operations and assisting the event services department.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains entry-level staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy and Director/HR approval.
- Review direct report timecards to ensure the time is accurate and complete.
- Directs, supervises and schedules operations staff.
- Partners with the facility maintenance department on special projects when needed.
- Set up and remove basketball court
- Set up and remove stage, risers, seating, tables, flooring, etc. for various events
- Schedule operations crew, including full-time, part-time and temporary employees
- Repair and maintenance of retractable and permanent seats
- Supervise, motivate, lead and work alongside operations and security team members
- Reviews, and monitors budget to ensure efficient operation, and to ensure expenditures stay within budget limitations
- Attends meetings and training sessions, as requested
- Ensures that Operations Department receives pertinent information for the most effective use of the facility and staffing
- Provides quarterly inventory of all equipment and tools
- Know and ensures all laws, codes, ordinances, policies, and procedures are followed Investigates, analyzes and resolves operational problems
- Various other duties and projects as assigned
- Ability to work overnight shifts in an arena setting. Flexible hours are required to include evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with diverse staff, tenacious work ethic and strong written/verbal communication skills with the ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks.
- Ability to complete projects and resolve issues expeditiously, and independently while showing initiative and good judgment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up and conversions; typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility equipment; and proper use and care of hand and power tools.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive, and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Engage in much decision-making that is generally governed by procedure and guided by policy
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches, event documents and preventive maintenance schedules.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedules and produce accurate results.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Promote a safe and efficient work environment.
- Be a good teammate, contribute positively to a winning culture, and be respectful.
- Demonstrate world-class customer service
- Strong desire to learn and be productive.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Ability to provide leadership, engage in positive interaction with staff, prioritize, organize, motivate staff, problem solve, delegate, follow-up, communicate and diffuse possibly volatile situations with tact.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 6+ years’ experience in operations management in the entertainment and sports industry preferred Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Capable of working extended hours such as nights, weekends, overtime, being on-call, and holidays as necessary
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for long hours; use hands to handle files, type and operate office machines; to talk and hear on the telephone.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle office correspondence.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. *