Reports To: Director of Sales
Job Schedule: Full-Time
FLSA Classification: Salary, Exempt
This position is a vital member of a team assigned to the sales of all premium hospitality inventories, with a focus on multi-year contracts at Bert Ogden Arena/H-E-B Park. All premium suites and seats include the RGV FC Toro’s and RGV Vipers sports teams along with access to concerts and special events.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Execute corporate sales calls and customized presentations promoting the purchase and retention of premium ticket inventory to meet/exceed established sales objectives.
- Proactively network, solicit, and follow-up on any personal sales leads under the guidelines established by supervisors.
- Will participate in regular meetings with the Director of Sales / Corporate.
- Sales to establish best processes and strategies for driving new business and retaining existing clients
- Work extended days and hours (including holidays and weekends) hosting events, client entertainment, and other activities as required.
- Responsible for a minimum of 5 outside meetings per week with premium prospects.
- Work closely with other members of the Premium Department to ensure inventory integrity, high levels of customer service, and enhance overall team performance.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company.
- Build and grow mutually beneficial relationships with assigned luxury suite accounts through the use of email, phone calls, office visits, networking events, and other innovative means.
- Energetically fulfill all service-related needs for suite founders and season ticket owners, working to create memorable experiences for them and their guests.
- Maintain strong client relationships and ensure that event specifications are communicated and executed for a successful experience for premium seating owners.
- Lead in the planning and execution of various networking and relationship building events for current and prospective premium seating owners.
- Respond to all Premium Seat owners needs such as customer service issues, ticket exchange and add-on requests, financial billing, and other ticketing and event-related questions.
- Work with the Marketing team to have the most up-to-date group sales content listed on the company website and social media.
- Assist in a variety of game-related duties on game nights including, client/prospect interaction, distribution of sales materials, signage set-up and takedown, troubleshooting, pre-game events, providing excellent fan/customer service, etc. Scheduling appointments as well as coordinating meetings.
- Committed to ensuring superior customer service.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to interact effectively and in a professional, diplomatic and mature manner not only with clients and guests but with co-workers within the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Highly organized with excellent coordinating and project management skills.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex.
- Must possess necessary computer skills using such programs as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Education and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of sales experience.
- Must have proven experience in negotiating with the ability to improvise.
- Must have the ability to network and create relationships while working efficiently in a fast-paced sales environment.
- Must be able to carry/move/handle 15 pounds.
- Move in a fast-paced environment that will occasionally be loud.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. *