Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Department Head of Human Resources
Job Schedule: PRN- As needed
FLSA Classification: Hourly, Non- Exempt
The PRN Receptionist will run the daily functions including tending to phone calls, visitors, employees and assisting the Human Resource (HR) department and Payroll as needed.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g., pens, forms, and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Arrange travel and accommodations, and prepare vouchers
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing, and faxing.
- Assist in all Human Resources departments, including benefits, payroll records, compensation, employee relations and administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations management systems.
- Must be extremely organized and can establish and adhere to priorities
- Must be able to coach employee and management through complex, difficult employee concerns.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Move in a fast-paced environment that will occasionally be loud.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. *