Job Title: Receptionist
Reports To: Administrative Manager
Job Schedule: PRN “As Needed”
FLSA Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Receptionist will greet, assist, tend to phone calls and provide direction and information to clients, visitors, and other guests of the organization. Provides secretarial and administrative support services to the Administration Department.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Greet and welcome all guests as soon as they arrive at the office and always demonstrating excellent customer service
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls
- Expected to be knowledgeable on all basic operations, being able to answer and inform our visitors on any basic questions they may have
- Communicate with the appropriate member of the team who can help the visitor, ensuring that the visitors’ matters are fully addressed
- Helping callers with basic matters and forwarding advanced matters to the appropriate team member, knowing when to handle a matter directly and when to forward a call is essential
- Expected to consult or inform team members about the nature of the call and who is calling before transferring calls, and document all calls in our database system
- Expected to be able to place calls on hold, call back any missed calls, and respond to all voicemails
- Identifying the best method of communication, knowing when to send an instant message, email, call or when to speak face to face
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g., pens, forms, and brochures)
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, verify visitor badges)
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Prepares agenda, update calendars and schedule meetings
- Arrange travel and accommodations, and prepare vouchers for senior staff and executives
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs
- Maintains filing systems as assigned
- Retrieves information as requested from records, email, minutes, and other related documents; prepares written summaries of data when needed.
- Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions
- Coordinates and schedules travel, meetings, and appointments for managers or supervisors
- Records and distributes minutes or other records for meetings
- Maintains office supplies and coordinates maintenance of office equipment
- Maintains a system for recording expenses Prepares letters, memos, forms, and reports according to written or verbal instructions
- Provides secretarial and administrative support services to administration staff, including, but not limited to typing/word processing, proofreading, preparing reports, processing correspondence, scheduling meetings, and staff recording at meetings, receiving visitor, maintaining files and conducting special projects as assigned
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations management systems.
- Must be extremely organized and can establish and adhere to priorities
- Must be able to coach employee and management through complex, difficult employee concerns.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Move in a fast-paced environment that will occasionally be loud.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. *