The Sales Intern will have the opportunity to see firsthand how to execute successful Sales and Membership Services events, programs, and game day initiatives. The Sales Intern plays an integral part in the creation, development, execution, and breakdown of our season ticket member and sales events and programs. The intern will also assist with various daily tasks and responsibilities contributing to the overall success of the Sales and Membership Services departments. This is a paid internship.
- Works with the Premium, Group, Ticket Sales Manager and the Activation Manager to understand and develop event strategy, goals, and desired outcomes.
- Develop logistical plans before each event, including securing vendors, planning menus, preparing invitations, maintaining registrations, and helping with various other event tasks.
- Assist in communication to outside vendors, including venues, transportation, audio/visual, entertainment caterers and décor companies.
- Assist with the management of specific special event budgets.
- Manage the department’s event supplies, photo library, and other departments physical and electronic resources.
- Assist with the ordering and inventory management of all promotional products, team memorabilia, and gifts.
- Learn the process for post-event data recap and analysis using Archtics and Salesforce software.
- Support the planning, set-up, and execution of all game day events and initiatives.
- Attend mandatory department meetings and training sessions.
- May conduct research projects to gain market insight.
Must be an undergraduate or graduate student.
Exceptional organization, attention to detail, and time management skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
Ability to efficiently work on multiple projects at once.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, professionalism, and customer service presence.
Interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
Team oriented and willing to assist wherever necessary.
Thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to various situations that may arise on the spot.
Professional and confident self-starter and self-motivator.
Comfortable working with all levels of an organization, including senior executives.
Professional behavior and appropriate attire at all times.
Able to work extended hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving boxes etc.
Ability to stand on feet and walk comfortably for long periods.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for long hours; use hands to handle files, type and operate office machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle office correspondence.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*The Bert Ogden Arena is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.