REPORTS TO: Director of Retail
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: PRN – As Needed, Non-Exempt
Knowledge of screen mesh counts, registering multi color jobs and a keen eye for quality. O press duties to include burning screens, mixing inks, reclaim and coating of screens, folding, packing, staging and counting of printed and non-printed stock.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Read and understand work orders for the job being produced.
- Inspect screens prior to set up to ensure accuracy.
- Install screens in the press in correct print order.
- Add correct PMS Color to screens.
- Register job using Tri-Loc System and manual adjustments.
- Review’s client requests to understand scope and parameters of print jobs.
- Bring sample print to Manager for approval.
- Operate the press in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Continually monitor the production of a job for quality purposes.
- Matches colors for print job per job request.
- Aligns and configures screen
- Inspects random production samples to evaluate quality of printings.
- Maintains inventory of supplies needed to operate screening
- Troubleshoots issues with screening machine and makes basic repairs.
- Performs routine maintenance on screening machines.
- Maintains a clean area around screening
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Ability to operate or to quickly learn to operate various printing machines and related software.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Vocational/technical school training preferred; on-the-job training provided.
- Previous related experience preferred.
- This position does not require any certifications
- Physically able to operate printing machines.
- Able to bend or kneel frequently.
- Must be able to lift 25 up to pounds at a time.
- Move in a fast-paced environment that may sometimes be loud.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.