A successful applicant should be self-motivated, resourceful, able to produce creative content, generate new ideas for growing the company’s social media engagement, and must possess the ability to work creatively and proactively while collaborating in a team environment. The ideal candidate would be bilingual, fluent in both the written and spoken word, and have some knowledge of sports (soccer and basketball a plus), and of the live event business. The candidate should also be familiar with graphic and editing work. The candidate should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment but driven to take the initiative to succeed when presented with individual work responsibilities.
- Work with the on-site Social Media Manager to create and implement campaigns
- Assist with developing content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis for company brands
- Attend and work events (including weekend events) to gather social media content
- Provide ideas for campaigns and promotions
- Monitor analytics with social media team to determine effectiveness of campaigns and adjust strategy accordingly in real time
- Create engaging blog and social media content
- Assist with responding to messages and comments on all social media platforms.
- Catalog and archive photos for digital marketing use
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Photoshop graphics and Editing video clips.
- Collaborate with other departments (customer relations, sales etc.) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
- Knowledge of sports (preferably soccer and basketball)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and Editing software
- Knowledge with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university majoring in an aspect of marketing or sports management
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge with Excel
*The Bert Ogden Arena is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.