REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
JOB SCHEDULE: Full Time
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Salary- Exempt
The Social Media Coordinator’s primary responsibilities include the day-to-day social media management, campaigns and the overall social media strategies for Golden Grape Entertainment’s properties (RGV FC Toros, Bert Ogden Arena, H-E-B Park, and DHR Health Sports & Wellness Center). Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing, the Social Media Coordinator will support content creation, social media calendars, publishing, and distributing content across key social media accounts on behalf of the venues and team, as well as covering live events and providing live match updates for RGVFC Toros. This position will be responsible for directly interacting with our ever-growing fan bases and optimizing content for success while being aligned with the organization’s overall strategic brand and marketing efforts. They will be able to demonstrate understanding of best practices and user behavior on each respective platform. The ideal candidates will have a strong understanding of sports and entertainment especially soccer, a desire to engage with fans and the ability to produce creative content in a time-sensitive manner that drives sales and engagement for our brands. This is not your typical 9-5 job. A major part of our storytelling occurs on game days, nights, and weekends and will be expected to work from home during away games (with some travel, as possible).
CORE DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITES:
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns across all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, LinkedIn, and more)
- Ideate and execute social media strategies for teams, venues, and properties
- Manage and execute the content calendars for assigned brands accurately and on time
- Write and review compelling copy for all social channels that aligns with our brand identity and marketing strategies.
- Attend and cover all assigned live events, Toros home matches, training sessions as well as cover away Toros matches in which you will provide engaging, real-time content across multiple social media platforms
- Interact and engage with fans via social media platforms, commenting, liking and responding to questions
- Develop highly engaging content with the goal of growing our social audiences and engagement by reaching new and existing fan bases
- Identify content trends to help produce relevant timely posts that our audiences will engage with.
- Identify new content opportunities and explore ways to produce new content
- Create short-form video content for social accounts including TikTok and Instagram Reels.
- Drive revenue via social media platforms organically and via ad campaigns (ticket sales, merchandise sales and sponsorships) using calls to action and trackable links that provide measurable results
- Work with various departments to ideate and support brand initiatives of various properties on our digital channels (food and beverage, ticketing, retail, and sales teams)
- Build trusting relationships with team staff to improve content opportunities and access
- Drive traffic to our websites through effective and engaging use of content
- Participate in meetings and brainstorming sessions for upcoming projects and campaigns
- Liaise with and implement best practices from USL, and other event-related associations
- Leverage analytics tools to increase social media effectiveness, track overall performance and compile weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports.
- Assist with organizing, and maintaining photos across internal photo archiving system
- Assist with other creative/admin duties as assigned and/or required
SUPERVIOSRY RESPONSIBLITIES: This position may involve some supervisory responsibilities including Intern(s), part-time employees and contract staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in business, marketing, advertising or sports-related field.
- At least 2-5 years’ experience in social media/marketing (sports/entertainment/brand experience preferred).
- Proficient knowledge and experience using Google Workspace, MS Office Suite, Apple iWork.
- Bilingual proficient in both English & Spanish preferred.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of soccer and sports preferred
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- You’re a creator. Regardless of the medium – word, visual, photo, video, anything – you’re born to make things and make them great. Multi-varied creative skills preferred.
- Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite—photo, graphics, and video editing skills are required.
- Social media and photo editing tools and software such as linktree, Bitly, Canva etc.
- Clear creative direction. You must be able to tell the brand’s story in a clear, concise, direct, and efficient manner.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to synthesize and accurately present relevant information.
- You know how to pitch. You don’t just have the idea – you know how to sell it in and get colleagues to buy into it. This involves creating story boards, concepts, identifying target demographic, key messaging and strategies for each.
- Knowledge of and interest in USL Soccer, current events and trends in sports & entertainment media, marketing, and business.
- Exceptional organizational skills required. Must be able to oversee multiple projects and schedules, maintain deadlines, work within budgets, with the ability to set priorities and manage several projects simultaneously required.
- Excellent follow up and follow thru on tasks
- Ability to successfully manage a workload that balances long-range planning with the unanticipated daily demands required of the Marketing Department. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work both independently and collaboratively to develop campaigns from conceptualization to execution.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information
- Requires ability to work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, climb, reach, and lift up to 30 pounds at a time.
- This position could be exposed to various weather conditions.
- It is imperative that you have the ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- This is a job that frequently operates outside of Bert Ogden Arena/H-E-B Park’s core working hours. It requires working events that are typically held at night and on weekends.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. *