Department: Event Services
Job Schedule: PRN- As needed
FLSA Classification: Hourly Non-exempt
Responsible for high levels of customer service at Bert Ogden Arena/ H-E-B Park events. Assist patrons at sports and entertainment events by performing duties, such as greeting guests, collecting admission tickets and passes from patrons, assisting in finding seats, locating such facilities as restrooms and ATMs, searching for lost articles.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Provide guests with remarkable customer service with a pleasant and positive approach.
- Greeting and thanking guests as they enter and exit the facility.
- Scanning guests’ tickets/assisting guests in finding their seat for the event.
- Provide patrons with accurate event information or assistance in case of emergency.
- Provide assistance with patrons’ special needs, such as helping those with wheelchairs.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with patrons and other employees.
- Remain attentive to the needs and demeanor of our guests using a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Work closely with all Event Staff team members with a professional attitude and contribute positively to a winning culture.
- Assists in all aspects of event day preparation and execution.
- Must possess the ability to work hours as dictated by events
- Be a good teammate, contribute positively to a winning culture, and be respectful.
- Possess the ability to meet dress standards and follow dress code.
- Possess good verbal and written communication and team building skills.
- Hours of work are based on event schedule and can include days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Education and Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must successfully complete provided on-the-job training
- Must possess the ability to work in an elevator for long periods of time
- This position may be exposed to adverse conditions such as weather, loud noises, pyrotechnics etc.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and work outside in all weather conditions.
- Working environment is fast-paced, often loud and stressful.
- Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing and working on your feet.
- Must be able to carry/move/handle 25 pounds using proper lifting.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. *